Starting with the small group in student council, we hope that we can start good things and set good example to other students and also to their community. With this SC organization we hope:
- Students are able to initiate, implement, and complete projects and activities which will be of help to the school, the students, the faculty, the administration, the Board of Trustees and the community.
- To encourage personal growth of leaders through activities and yearly programs. This means also to provide a living workshop of democratic processes, through such activities as elections, participation in a constitutional representative assembly, etc. Students also encourage to contribute to the educational experiences of students by providing them with a positive involvement in the school, with widened areas of responsibilities and with more direct participation in organizing and implementing activities.
- To promote respect for law and order and general welfare of the school and community.
- To promote an awareness of human relations, of power structures and how one effectively operates within them. These objectives are realistically approached through increasing avenues of cooperation among the administration, faculty and students.
- To provide a viable means for student expression and an increasing amount of self-direction.
- To improve understanding between and within groups through interaction and communications.
- To develop student potential and encourage to make a well-informed, honest, interested and active citizenship.
- To develop not only leadership abilities within the youth of today, but also leadership for the community, state and nation of tomorrow. In this process, it is also the objective to develop an awareness of good leadership qualities, hopefully, for a more informed, concerned and active citizenry of tomorrow.
- To increase student involvement and school pride.